Our Family

Palmer, Alaska, United States
Ryan and I have been married for a whopping 18 years. We are a very busy LDS family with 6 children. Ryan and I were both born and raised in Utah. We moved to the great state of Alaska 7 years ago and take full advantage of its long summer days. We love hiking, fishing, camping, 4-wheeling and it is common to find us just sitting around the kitchen table with a good board game or card game any time of the year. We hope and pray for lasting happiness for our children.

Friday, September 11, 2009

I Love Where I Live

Tonight Ryan and I left on a 4- wheeler ride that turned into an awesome yet eerie encounter. The fall colors were out. The skies were overcast with a few sprinkles of rain. There was a cool, crisp feeling in the air. I absolutely love fall. We got off the 4-wheelers to do some walking and wouldn't you know, Ryan almost walked right into a bear den. My heart was racing but we walked by the door anyways. We saw bear tracks, fish bones and lots of fresh fish thrown around the sides of the river. Very scarey, for me, not Ryan. Ryan is fearless, of course it is moose hunting season so he had his rifle with him and was in hot pursuit of this bear. We could hear it snort and growl but never did see it. Thank goodness.

No comments: