Tyler has started his first season of High School wrestling and is really doing well. His first tournament was at East High in Anchorage. He wrestled at wt. 145 lbs and did ok but quickly realized he is a very small 145 lb so he spent the following week eating healthy and working out hard so he could cut 5 lbs for the Lancer Smith Memorial Tournament at Palmer High. He made wt. at 138.5lbs well under the cap of 140. He did much better at this weight. He made it to the quarter finals as a Freshman.This tournament was combined JV and Varsity. He is now 7-4 and a little disappointed but pumped up for duals on Oct. 30 at Palmer High and tournament at Colony High on the 31st.
Ryan and I decided to get involved with the Wrestling Booster Club this year. We really had fun taking a part in the preparations for the Lancer Smith Memorial Tournament. We gathered a few sponsors, printed raffle tickets and spent both days at the tournament helping at the mat tables with bout sheets and score boards. We are so happy to have been able to help.
Through this tournament I was able to meet many wrestlers and get to know some of the bad sides of the teams attitudes and sportsmanship. I am so proud to be a parent of a Palmer High School wrestler. I never once heard a cuss word or saw poor sportsmanship from them. They all should be proud to have such a great wrestling coach. Coach Ewart teaches more than wrestling moves. He teaches morals and integrity. This team is full of great kids because of him. Keep up the good work and good luck at next weeks matches.
I grew up in a large family. That's how I learned to dance -waiting for the bathroom.
Our Family
- Andrea VanAusdal
- Palmer, Alaska, United States
- Ryan and I have been married for a whopping 18 years. We are a very busy LDS family with 6 children. Ryan and I were both born and raised in Utah. We moved to the great state of Alaska 7 years ago and take full advantage of its long summer days. We love hiking, fishing, camping, 4-wheeling and it is common to find us just sitting around the kitchen table with a good board game or card game any time of the year. We hope and pray for lasting happiness for our children.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment