Tyler has recently turned 16. With that has sprung many conversations in the family about dating. Conner is usually at the center of these conversations. He wants to go with Tyler and pick him out a girlfriend. He knows what she is going to look like right down to her hair color and the amount of makeup she wears, and is sure that they are someday going to 'kiss' eeewwww.
I find it interesting how different the conversations are with Conner and Aubrey than they were with the older 4 when they were younger. Having 'big' brothers and sisters gives them more or just a different influence than just "Dora the Explorer" and "Barney" and mom and dad did to the older kiddos. It is definately different with older kids in the house. Yesterday Conner came home from school with a great big grin on his face and says, "Mom, there is a girl at school that likes me too much." Of course I have to ask him what makes him think that. Conners proceeds to tell me how she follows him everywhere and while they were counting to 116 at free time on the rug she was holding his hand. So I say, "hmmm, Is she cute?", "Well kind of......ok she is really cute." Too funny. Then he says, "AND she kissed me on the neck." Ok, not cute anymore. I calmly told he needs to tell his teacher when someone kisses him and to make sure he tells this girl that he can't have kisses from girls until he is at least 23. He looked at me very seriously and said, "Are you serious?" Yes I am. lol
I grew up in a large family. That's how I learned to dance -waiting for the bathroom.
Our Family
- Andrea VanAusdal
- Palmer, Alaska, United States
- Ryan and I have been married for a whopping 18 years. We are a very busy LDS family with 6 children. Ryan and I were both born and raised in Utah. We moved to the great state of Alaska 7 years ago and take full advantage of its long summer days. We love hiking, fishing, camping, 4-wheeling and it is common to find us just sitting around the kitchen table with a good board game or card game any time of the year. We hope and pray for lasting happiness for our children.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh boys, you gotta love them.. Conner is the same age as Simon was when he came home telling me that his friend could no longer be his girlfriend cause she was to young. Simon was crushed he just thought they couldn't be friends anymore.
Post a Comment